It is tough to follow strict diets and manage a picture perfect shape. For some individuals it is their livelihood is at stake if they are out of shape. In such conditions only a proper diet will help them get back their body. Vegetarians and non vegetarians can easily enjoy the Paleo diet to shed the extra weight. We will help you with the basics and ‘how to’ of this project.
What is Paleo diet?
The Paleo diet or Paleolithic diet, also called a caveman diet, includes natural food items that will help you have good health and an enviable physique. Humans evolved 2 million years ago; the food availability in that era must have been all natural: just game meat, vegetables, eggs, wild fruits and fish helped the Paleolithic man to survive.
Popularized by Dr. Loren Cordain, this diet is included in many journals. However, you should know that the Paleo diet does not mean vegetarian. It is based on the original eating habits followed by the humans at the initial period of evolution. With a simple analysis of those meals you can easily relate the current scenario of food intake. We can assist you with the protein, carbohydrates and fat consumption on a regular basis.
The study is based on human evolution as well as our ancestral diet followed by Paleolithic humans. Intake of just lean meats, fresh fruits, seafood, fresh vegetables, and a high amount of athletic performance could ensure optimum health. The paleo diet ensures you can be at the best of your health if you know what to eat and plan meals efficiently.
The diet of fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables along with some lean meats, eggs and fish can be too difficult for some individuals. We help you choose the meals in the right manner so your body performs well and your metabolism allows weight loss at the same time.
Carbohydrates in the diet
Your body’s carbohydrate requirement will be satisfied by the vegetables and fruits. With the Paleo diet you will eat fewer carbohydrates than you regularly do, but it will not lower the energy levels, it will actually steady them.
You can easily control the calories consumed. There is no need to actually count them with every item that goes in your mouth. Limited portions and sizes of items have to be eaten when you are trying hard to lose weight. Leafy vegetables and some fruits can be part of your diet in an unlimited quantity.
We suggest the consumption of following:
- Meats and eggs mainly organic chicken, fish, eggs.
- Vegetables are all part of the diet with green beans and peas as exceptions. These starchy veggies are to be kept out of your diet chart as well.
- Fruits in limited quantities as juice or whole can be consumed. High sugar fruits are not advised if you need to lose weight.
- Seeds and nuts are allowed during the Paleo diet. The quantity has to be restricted though, also peanuts are not allowed.
- Choose low calorie oils such as canola oil. Avoid coconut oil, olive oil, flax seed oil, and nut oil.
- Avoid coffee and alcohol. Moderate tea and limited juice is suggested.
There are many obese people out there and the Paleo diet is suitable for you if you are even overweight. Five small meals a day will suffice. Diet by including nourishing food that is rich in minerals, nutrients, and vitamins required for your metabolism to function normally.
The healthy food will help prevent metabolic disorders like hypertension, auto-immune diseases, obesity, heart diseases, diabetes type 2, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and many more diseases plaguing our lives now.
You will notice an increased level of awareness and energy as you follow the Paleo diet. Over time it may become a chosen way of living instead of some strict regime you need to follow regularly.
Why choose Paleo diet?
- The protein intake lowers appetite and gives a kick to your metabolism. The protein rich diet lowers loss of any lean muscle.
- It encourages eating of more vegetables and fruits.
- Intake of fatty acids essential for your body is expected.
- You need not measure food items consumed or count calories everytime.
- All disease risks are decreased (as are carbohydrate cravings).
- Increase in alkaline in the kidneys that eliminates chances of calcium loss and osteoporosis.
Our bodies are not well adapted to handling processed foods. Preservatives, added flavors, pesticides, colors and a lot more can hamper the metabolism and its normal functioning. A diet heavy with grains, oils, and fats may not go well into your digestive system. Chronic illnesses will lower considerably if you are successful in continuing your Paleo diet.
There are many individuals who have benefited with Paleo diet. You can give it a try and ensure there is a noticeable change in your overall appearance and weight. Help us to help you with a balanced diet with paleo recipes.